SHARP - 316
It is an all positional electrode depositing Mo-stabilised welds of radiographic quality and excellent creep strength. Ferrite is so controlled as to offer maximum resistance to corrosion, cracking and high temperatures upto 800°C. A low carbon 18/13/Mo stainless steel electrode makes the weld metal resistant to corrosive agents of a reducing nature.
|AWS||E 316 - 16|
|Tensile Strength||520 N/mm2|
Special Instructions for welding of Stainless Steel Electrodes:
- The electrodes should be kept always dry.
- Maintain short arc length and use good fit up on joints.
- Do not use excessive current for welding.
- Adopt proper sequence.
- Use stainless steel wire brush for clearing the slag.
- Redry electrodes at 200°C minimum for 2 hours before use.