SHARP - 309L
It is a heavy coated rutile type all position austenitic ferritic electrode with a ferrite content of approx 15%. Excellent oxidation and corrosion resistance in continuous service upto 1100°C. Gives little spatter, easy detachable slag with fine ripple beads of radiographic quality.
|AWS||E 309L - 16|
|IS||E 23.12..2 LR26|
|Tensile Strength||520 N/mm2|
|Elongation, (L=4d)||30 %|
Special Instructions for welding of Stainless Steel Electrodes:
- The electrodes should be kept always dry.
- Maintain short arc length and use good fit up on joints.
- Do not use excessive current for welding.
- Adopt proper sequence.
- Use stainless steel wire brush for clearing the slag.
- Redry electrodes at 200°C minimum for 2 hours before use.