SHARP - 308L-16
Chemical Plants Cr-Ni Steels with low or medium carbon content Hospital Apparatus Household Articles Milk Industries Soap Industries Ti & Cb stabilised Cr-Ni steels of 18/8 type represented by AISI types 302, 304, 304L, 321 & 347 Valve Faces Valve seats
It is an extra low carbon 19Cr/10Ni stainless steel electrode for non-stabilised and stabilised Cr-Ni steels resistant to atmospheric corrosion of 18/8 type. Has easy striking and restriking with fine rippled beads and has excellent creep strength and the weld metal is radiographic quality.
|AWS||E 308L - 16|
|Tensile Strength||520 N/mm2|
|Elongation, (L=4d)||35 % min|
Special Instructions for welding of Stainless Steel Electrodes:
- The electrodes should be kept always dry.
- Maintain short arc length and use good fit up on joints.
- Do not use excessive current for welding.
- Adopt proper sequence.
- Use stainless steel wire brush for clearing the slag.
- Redry electrodes at 200°C minimum for 2 hours before use.