SHARP - 308
AISI types 301, 302, 304, 305 and 308 steels of difficult weldability weld steels Chemical Plants Hospital Apparatus Household Articles Milk Industries Pump Impellers Shafts Soap Industries Valve seats
An all positional stainless steel electrode giving radiographic welds which offer maximum resistance to corrosion and cracking with excellent creep strength. Welds can withstand elevated temperature upto 800°C. A low carbon 19/10 stainless steel electrode with controlled ferrite content of 3 to 7%.
|AWS||E 308 - 16|
|Tensile Strength||550 N/mm2|
|Elongation, (L=4d)||35 %|
Special Instructions for welding of Stainless Steel Electrodes:
- The electrodes should be kept always dry.
- Maintain short arc length and use good fit up on joints.
- Do not use excessive current for welding.
- Adopt proper sequence.
- Use stainless steel wire brush for clearing the slag.
- Redry electrodes at 200°C minimum for 2 hours before use.